Sunday, August 3, 2008

Young love

SIGH! Here I am, in front of the lappy, on a ripping Sunday - all thanks to my awfully swollen eye. Fancy poking your own eye THIS hard; by accident. Poor me. Well, on a less disgruntled note, at least it provides me an opportunity to get ample rest which I so need.

I'm currently replaying alot of Young love by Mystery Jets which sounds a bit like something from the movie Music&lyrics. It's like the song du jour, for me. And for those who also like this band, you should be aware of the very vintage video of Two doors down from their latest album. Cute. London Bridges by This Is Ivy league is next on the list. Catchiest song ever! And my previous earworm Hey Ma by James(the band), is still amazing. Their hit singles Sit Down and Laid made me fall in love with the rest of their songs and I would say, Tim Booth has one of best voices ever.

Okay. Young love, quoting the lyrics, 'never seems to last' and leave your heart (and thus life) in a mess. This can't get any truer, according to personal exprerience. I fell for this guy when i was younger and got myself into a pathetic relationship that ruined 2 years of my life(youth) and got my reputation smeared terribly. I came across one of my friends' blog with 1 post on my 21st birthday yesterdy, and felt a serious level of discomfort when every single word stikes on the spots in my memory. I eventually realised that it was the emboldened guilt that I ought to have for hurting people around me beacause of my relationship with this guy. It was a painful lesson that I took too long to learn and thank god it's over. Phew. Very often, it is unpleasant memories that are the hardest to forget.

However, things don't just work one way. There are always exceptions, and my colleague, Azil epitomises such cases. Her current husband is her first and only love whom she met during her younger days and they are still loving as ever with an one year old gem that completes the love. Her baby just turned 1 and I, together with Juli attended her well-prepped party at Aloha Loyang.
Photobucket
Clockwise: Azil, her hubby, Baby Suffy, me and Juli. Sweet.

It feels good to be young, to be 22. You feel justified in doing many things that seem inappropriate in future years and tend to un-cage your inner beast with less qualm. This is evidenced from activities like taking photos in public toilets, posing crazily for cameras at public places and being bad influence to your younger sister.

Photobucket
Taking photos at Wisma toilet, with komer.

Photobucket
Loved.

Photobucket
At the National museum with FIr, Angie and Ekobin.

Photobucket
Was trying to mimic the late fuhrer and Angie and Ekobin as my followers

Photobucket
At Attica. Asked my sis to take mc the following morning to party all the way.

Hee. Like I said, without qualms.

And 22 is the age when you start to worry excesssively about your appearance, for me at least. I have started on the hunt for the most effective eye and facial masks, courses to keep fit because metabolism rate started to plunge, and gone loopy when my fringe had gaps, which I had either done lesser or none in the past.

Shall stop blabbing. Gotta clear up the mess I created from munching on my seaweed. :) I love tom yum flavoured seaweed.

Miss Eve.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhhhh....Muruku, Im so honoured to be featured in this entry...hehehe....

Thanks for coming for Sufia s party...

May we always be the 'Democratic Clan' at work forever!

Love,
Azil

Anonymous said...

Talking about vanity. I visited yet another supposedly miracle doctor who asked me to wash my face FOUR times a day and to drop my regime. Pretty queer, but my skin's getting better( for now).

Angie

EveLee aka Le petit carnard said...

You're welcome Azil. I'm a girl of words and deeds. Unlike those peeps who acted all so excited but didn't turn up. Aye, I just don't wish to be in this clan forever! Am fying to leave NCR for much greener pastures out there.

EveLee aka Le petit carnard said...

Gozilla Anqila. You do realise that you can type in ur name and not be anon by choosing an identity don't you? See below the comment box you're typing in. Haa. I thought cleansing face more than twice will strip off the moisture? Which doctor? Quack isit?

Anonymous said...

I must have scared you there. He's much hyped about for his unconventional way of treatment. Dr Chan. His clinic is near Heartland Mall. Quack is good for canard.