Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Live to eat

I modified my eating habit as I saw the crucial need to shed the excessive slabs of fats that had been evidently forming at my hips at escalating rate. And now I need new clothes! Smirk. ABT does a whole lot of good. And not forgetting the benefits of having khakis too. Grocery shopping has becomes part of my routine with cans of minimal calories tuna, lettuce, celery, baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, 99% low fat balsamic salsa dressing the must-haves in my shopping list. And health food like muesli and granola pique my interest.

Despite such health cum weight consciousness, I still had a taste of various very yummilicious foods for the past week. It’s all about striking a balance ok. Always remember - we live to eat.

First up, Ekobin and I chanced upon this real interesting place called Ji De Chi (which translates literally into “remember to eat”) at China town that serves Hong Kong traditional deserts.


Photobucket

Remember to eat.

Photobucket

Ekobin ordered grass jelly with egg desert (left) while I had the mango and grapefruit desert (right).

Photobucket

Utmost satisfaction.

Next, we also had desserts at my fav restaurant, Soba So Good at Paragon after shopping for our colorful sportsbras needed for the many upcoming activities.

Photobucket

So good.

Photobucket

The reason why it’s my fav.

Due to my muslim Bff, We needed to reunite at a halal restaurant and Angie and I decided to try out The Rice Table at International Building. And we gave Adrian the honor to join us in our reunion luncheon. It was buffet style with waiters bringing out authentic Indonesian dishes onto the food warmer in front of you. Good food and affordable. Good for NPS’s pocket

Photobucket

The Rice Table

Photobucket

All the mouth watering dishes

Another interesting place we checked out was Canelé Pâtisserie Chocolaterie outside Shaw house which serves pretty pastries and cakes to be savoured.

Photobucket

Pretty menu

Photobucket

Mont blanc, Traditional choc cake, Strawberry shortcake

Photobucket

Nice place for 3 to bitch for 3 hrs.

Adrian never fails to negate my working out effort. He brought me to Bosses for Dim sum and made me feel so fat for the rest of the day.
Photobucket

Xiu long Bao, har gao, siew mai and chee cheong fun


Photobucket

Best siew mai in sg.

Photobucket

:)


Photobucket
This was taken at Café Del Mar during out light luncheon before heading out for the sun. It wasn’t an out of the world experience but thought this pic looked not bad.

I don’t just eat good food. I make them too. This is evidenced by my superb brownie

Photobucket

Lip smacking brownie by Chef Eve.

Hee. Food glorious food.

Miss Eve

No comments: