Sunday, October 12, 2008

Life!

Gazillions of apologies to Muruku readers that this has been stagnant for quite long. Ever since school started, I couldn't have been busier. Well, I know everyone is too - fighting a battle called life. Okays, I shall breifly describe how I'm grappling with mine.

Work.

Work plays the biggest role in my life as it takes up most of my time and energy. And things are getting even more mind-blogging these days after NCR snagged the contract with OCBC which inevitably doubled the workload(stressors) without doubling the manpower and needless to say, the already meagre pay! I seriously hope this is just a transition period and conditions will improve or I might collapse real soon.

On a lighter note, one of my friends, Sarita, in NCR has resigned. Hurrays for her - finally left this shithole.
Photobucket
Eva, Sarita, Carol and I.

Family

This is the area that I've been perpetually in a battle. Having to bear the brunt of a dysfunctional family is something I've learnt to accept - of course, after 22 damned years. Enough said, not gonna wash dirty linens here. Nevertheless, I'm pretty glad that I've my sis, Ekobin. We make best partners in crime, too.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Ekobin and I. Taken at Wood@Vivocity

Friends

In this dog-eat-dog world, we don't find true friends and one shouldn't make much effort in seeking such idealities. Cynical I know, but it's true (no pun intended). Ok, but at least I do have peeps to have fun with and distract me from all the woes in life albeit inadvertantly adding on to the woes at times.
Photobucket
Komer, I and Anqi. 2 of my favourite girls.

Photobucket
Glad to see these peeps whom I was once close to - at mediacorp to support TUZI.

Photobucket
Anqi, I and Firdaous(my Bestest friend forever). These guys make my uni life.

Being female

It's undeniable that being female is a tall order. We needa go through the pain of the monthly cycles suffer a much bigger pain if we missed a month. We needa look good and constantly quest for improvement in our appearnces and often in the process of doing so break the bank. Consider the moolah we surrender in the hope for perfect skin and fuller tresses and the ideal silhouettes.

School

Our results were released last month and without any delays, our third year came and explains my lack of time to follow up on Muruku. Although I did fairly well in some of my stronger subjects, I didn't manage to pass Maths, AGAIN! I'm just number-phobic. I barely scraped through on other quantative papers like accounts and stats. So I'm taking 5 subjects(HR, Law, ISORG, Financial Management + MATHS) in my final year instead of 4 which I expected. Grrr.. Well, hope springs eternal so I'm gonna strive real hard in maths(of course) and FM which is another and last quantative(killer) paper. Now on to the assignments!

Life is never easy. However it mitigates alot when we take events unfolding in our lives in a more positive outlook. Hee..

Miss Eve

No comments: